Sunday October 4th, 2020
Located at: 1835 N. Middletown Road Glen Mills, PA 19342
OPEN: 3 Attractions (Bates Motel, Walking Version of the Haunted Hayride & Revenge of the Scarecrows Haunted Trail)
Overall Haunted Attraction Rating: 8/10
Acting Overall: 7/10
Costumes/Makeup Overall: 7/10
Entertainment On Lines: N/A
Food Options Overall: 7/10
Set Design Overall: 8/10
Props & Animatronics Overall: 9/10
Social Distancing: 8/10
COVID19 Precautions: 10/10
Due to COVID Guidelines, Bates Motel made the executive decision to transform their infamous Hayride into a walking trail for customer safety.
Parking - FREE Onsite parking
Plan to arrive early on High Volume nights, & Pre-purchase your tickets online for a quicker transition! Tickets ARE available onsite but are limited due to availability.
For your reference:
We arrived at Bates Motel on Sunday October 4th, around 7:30pm. Although crowds will be at a smaller capacity due to COVID19, we highly recommend opting for the VIP pass so you can head right into the VIP line.
Covid-19 Precautions: Bates motel is taking COVID19 and the precautions so seriously, that they installed one of the most elaborate temperature taking machines we have seen thus far. When you arrive on the property you get on line to go through a metal detector and then your group is sent in and asked to walk up to a thermometer on the wall that reads your forehead temperature. Once you are cleared, the line directs you immediately to the hayride, the hayride directly to the trail, and the trail directly to the motel. The lines are split into General admission and VIP. The lines were appropriately social distanced. As with most places it is the individuals responsibility to make sure that they are keeping within 6 feet of a distance between other guests not in their group at all times. They are sending you and your group members into the Haunt with ample time in between each group. There are clear posted COVID19 safety signs throughout the park, and hand sanitizer available for guests to use as needed. All bathrooms were clean and contained hand sanitizer as well. Masks were strictly enforced by all on the grounds.
Straight from the bates motel website itself:
1. We are changing our ticketing system to a timed ticketing platform to reduce the number of people onsite. 2. Our queue lines will be set up for social distancing and every other line closed 3. The attractions will be set up in a linear fashion. When you arrive, you will be directed to the new Haunted Trail. From there, you will go to the Revenge of the Scarecrows trail and then to the Bates Motel. 4. All employees are required to wear a mask at all times 5. All employees will have temp checks upon checking in (anything over 100.4 may not enter) 6. All employees must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer
7. A no touch policy will be in effect and actors/staff will distance themselves
8. Portable restrooms will be sanitized every half hour
9. Dedicated staff will be in charge of disinfecting touch areas throughout the haunted attraction
10. Social distancing will be in effect throughout all three attractions as well as queue lines
11. Multiple hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the facility. Guests are urged to hand sanitize when entering and exiting each attraction
12. Guests are required to wear their masks while in the queue lines and indoor attractions. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one
Individual Attraction Reviews: Psycho Path (Walking Hayride) Actors: 7/10 Makeup/Costumes: 7.5/10 Use of Props & Animatronics: 10/10 Set Design: 10/10 Overall Attraction Rating: 8/10 We’ve been coming to Bates Motel for the past 12 years now, and this was by far the coolest experience we’ve had to date. As much as we love the hayride, the walking version blew it our of the water! As you are waking through your favorite hayride scenes you are completely immersed in the madness. The sets are gigantic, and you feel SO SMALL and helpless as you make your journey through. Experiencing the pyrotechnics, the Monsterous animatronics, and over the top detailed scenes up close is surreal. We seriously can’t talk highly enough about this attraction, YOU MUST CHECK IT OUT!!!!!
Revenge of the Scarecrows Haunted Trail Actors: 7.5/10 Makeup/Costumes: 7.5/10 Use of Props & Animatronics: 9/10 Set Design: 10/10 Overall Attraction Rating: 8.5/10 The trail at bates motel is always a lot of fun. Unfortunately the group behind us did catch up and were not keeping a good social distance. This was not a fault of the haunt as much as it is the fault of the individuals themselves. The Highlights of this attraction for us would have to be the beautifully haunting cemetery, and the Clown House!
Bates Motel Actors: 7/10 Makeup/Costumes: 7/10 Use of Props & Animatronics: 10/10 Set Design: 10/10 Overall Attraction Rating: 8/10
As animatronic junkies, the house is always the highlight of our evening at Bates Motel. Packed with Wall to wall animatronics, elaborate props and set designs; There is something to see in every corner you turn!! The highlight of this attraction for us is always the library and the greenhouse, which is ridden with human eating plants!
The gift shops and additional games were closed this year, but once you exit the attraction you can still grab a bite to eat at their traditional food shop or their apple cider donuts shop! It was a quick visit this year, it took a little under an hour to get through everything but we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Bates Motel this year! Just to experience the hayride as a walk-through attraction was worth the trip alone! It is truly an experience you DO NOT want to miss!
Please make sure to give us a follow on Facebook: